Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Becky Hunter Photography

This dad is currently serving in Afghanistan and couldn't be here for the birth of his first child! I have never met dad, but I contacted him privately through facebook as a surprise for mom. I explained to him what I'd like to do with his son's photo session, and asked if he thought he could get someone to take a couple photos for me so that I could merge his photo with my photo and create this image for them. I am very thankful to whomever took the photos of him, because they sent me exactly what I needed to make this work. You might find this hard to believe, but dad is actually kneeling down in the sand in Afghanistan! True!!! But after much photoshop work, and a whole lot of heart, I was able to create this breath-taking image for them! Although dad can't be here with his son at this time, I know he was here in spirit! I am thankful to have had an opportunity to do something so meaningful for a family that gives so much! This dad will not get to meet, touch, kiss or hold his son until he is nearly 9 months old ~ Don't ever take for granted the sacrifices our soldiers and their families make every day for the love of their Country! And if an opportunity ever presents itself that you can do something to give back to just one of these families, DO IT, with your whole heart! I look forward to meeting this brave soldier when he returns from duty! — Becky Ayers Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment