Wednesday, April 24, 2013

rummage sale

flat against the wall


this is showing that they can be displayed at a right angle
I found this gem at the Sanford rummage sale.  It is made of white pine, but I I don't know why I was so particular in the choice of wood, because when the quilts are on it you certainly don't see much wood.  I have been very fortunate over the years to make many beautiful quilts which deserve to see the light of day.  Most of the quilts that I have are stored in water proof and air proof containers.  But I like to decorate with them.  The bathrooms in my home is the only place that you do not see a quilt.  I would have them there if I could see a use for them to be in a bathroom.  I give quilts as wedding gifts and sometimes graduations.  This fall a special young man will be receiving one of my flannel  hunting themed quilts.  He is getting married.  He was one of the many boys who lived at my home.  He camped on my sofa many a night as his home was 15 miles from Beach.   

No comments:

Post a Comment