Monday, October 14, 2013

Cluster 4 meeting in Gully





Pastor Dawn Hanson

Sara Forsberg

installation of officers

New and former officers with the speaker
Our Cluster 4 Fall Gathering met at Gully, Minnesota.  Our hostess was the Bethany Lutheran Church.  We held the meeting at the Gully Community Center.  Pastor Hanson lead us in a inspiring discussion of Hannah as an example in the bible of a woman that we could follow as an excellent example of womanhood.  We then heard Sara Forsberg speak on the topic of challenge of obedience.  I had just heard her presentation at First Lutheran Fall meeting of the women, but was pleasantly surprised that she gave an entirely new topic.  It was better than the first time I heard her.  I am not saying that her presentation was not good at Bemidji, because it was  great.  This time she gave us a chance to look at ourselves and evaluate our lives.  I decided that I am just a bit intolerant.  But I know that God will lead me to improve in this area.  We had our business meeting and election of officers.  They were installed.  We were served an excellent lunch of scalloped potatoes and ham.  What lovely comfort food on a wet, cold and windy day.  The drive to and from  gully was breath taking looking at all the Fall foliage.  The conversation was animated.  I truly enjoyed the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment