Sunday, October 13, 2013

gardening




this is where my rhubarb plant are planted. 

After visiting a friends home I came home with plants to plant in my new planter and behind my steel building.  I am glad I took my Prius and not my truck or I might have really had a bunch to plant.  The rhubarb is the old fashion large stock variety.  I already have 4 strawberry rhubarb plants, but always wanted to have a plant or two of the ones that I remember  from home. The sedum is something that I am interested in trying.  I only know what I have read on the Internet.  The peony plants are something I tried this year and liked them.  I hope to put cannas and dalias behind them in the planted and petunias and sweet William in the front of them in that planter.    The three oak trees are squirrel certified.  Actually they were originally planted by a squirrel.  Since they are such big trees I am having difficulty trying to decide where I am going to plant them.  If they survive the winter they will also have to survive my lawn mowing skills.  I have a habit that started a long time ago in Beach of running over newly planted trees.  This happens before I get a chance to mark them.  A pear, an apple, several evergreens and lilac have gone to the mower.  I hope some of the plants that I hope at least half of what I planted makes it through the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment