Saturday, February 1, 2014

dinner


Recently, I gave a sewing machine to my nephew girlfriend's third grader.  I told them that it came with lessons.  This week I was invited for dinner and to give lessons after we ate.  We had a half an hour lesson on threading the top threads, the bobbin, presser foot lifting and the hand wheel. The she told me she had been breaking needles and right away I knew that she was hold the fabric back to control it.  So the first thing I had her do was to run fabric through the machine with no thread.  She saw how the machine will actually took fed the fabric through.  Then I had her add her hands to direct the fabric and she caught on to that fast.  We then sew 16 block together that I had left over from a rag quilt.   When she was done I told her I would clip it for her while she took a shower and to scrub good but hurry back.  I was done with the clipping when she came down stairs.  Her mother washed it and then put it in the dryer to make the edges rag.  Here is the posting on Face book from her mother.

  Thank you so much for coming over for dinner and a lesson tonight! (Her daughter) is all snuggled up with her new "quilt" I am not sure she will share it with her doll after all she is so excited and proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment