Friday, January 31, 2014

Dave story

I was doing some cleaning and found this picture.  It is a picture of my brother and his friend at
Red Lake.  In the picture they are being towed into shore by my son and my two nephews.  It seems they were having motor troubles.  Anyway I took the picture and forgot about it until I got home to Beach.  Then I thought it was such a great picture that I would have it printed into a 8X10 for them.  But when I began to enlarge the photo I saw an ad the you could make fake magazine covers, so I made two copies that  looked  like the real deal.  The magazine  was called Outdoor Fishing.  The next time I was in Bemidji I gave the photos to the two, Dave and Dennis.  I didn't say it was a fake just that I had found this magazine and their picture was on the front cover.  They took the bait and spent three or four weeks discussing how that magazine could have possibly got that picture.  When I returned again that summer for a visit I fessed up.  They totally thought they had had their 15 minutes of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment