Saturday, June 1, 2013

Gardening

Last years garden
I got my garden planted.  Well I thought I did until I remembered that I did buy beet seeds.  Luckily there was a spot for one more row.  Since I don't use stakes it might be tricky getting it in without disturbing the other rows.  Every year I say I am going to get stakes before I start planting.  But again this year I got to the project with no stakes. I love it when the seeds come up.  That greening effect warms my soul.  I have made major changes in the garden this year.  Took out carrots, peas, potatoes  and lettuce.   I  put in peppers and sunflowers.   I tried to put more room between the rows.  My corn is up and that is because I started in my dining room green house.  Hope it does as well as last year.  My potatoes are planted in 3 of the 5 raised  gardens.  And my lettuce is planted in the rain gutter planter where I put my herbs.  Rain is coming off and on this week so my garden is just waiting to pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment