Monday, June 10, 2013

Rootbeer float

 






Once every year we put on a car show and parade for the residents of Nielsen Place.  We slowly go around the building so people can see the cars.  When we park and talk to the residents we get a lot of questions and some have memories of owning a car that is similar to yours.  This year a man came up to me and reminisced about his 79 Buick.  According to him it was the same except I have a sun roof.  Other members have the same experience.  This year I happen to be by my car when a wheel chair went wild.  He came about two inches from crashing into my car fender.  I caught him and asked if I could help him as I was getting him back a employee came out of the crowd and got him back on track.  I saw two things in his eyes, fear and embarrassment.  I am glad I happen to be there to help him.  We then eat rootbeer floats with the along with the residents.  I love this evening.  But we are not done.  You'll have to wait for the pre-garage sale to hear the rest of the story.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I bet that poor guy was scared to death! I know I would have been, I probably would have been yelling "Run away me!"

    ReplyDelete