Thursday, March 28, 2013

Moon

 
Last night when the moon came up right outside my living room window I thought it looked like a harvest moon.  These thoughts were confirmed when I drove to Peak this morning and the moon was just going down in the west, it was huge.  I am looking for any sign that spring is coming.  But a harvest moon would seem to indicate that we had slipped right by summer.  I hope that isn't true. I posted this same picture on my face book wall and got a response from a friend and classmate of mine who said that this moon is called the crust moon. That is because of the top o the snow crusts over during the night.  I had never heard that before.  Or mabe the worm moon because the earth worms start to move.  You can pick.   Today as you go through your day, look for signs of spring.  When you see them it will put a "spring "  in your step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment