Tuesday, January 21, 2014

new electronics

This is my wifi

This is my wireless landline
When I moved to Bemidji I was issued a phone number from Paul Bunyan.  That number was for a beauty supply company that has since moved to Florida.  I would get numerous calls because it is still listed on the internet and probably will always be on any google search for beauty supply products.  I still was taking a call or two a day for there products .  When I was in the Verizon store they showed me the wireless wifi and the wireless land line phone and I instantly fell in love with it.  It costs are 20 dollars a month for unlimited long distance calls.  So I went that way.  Then I have been toying with changing my television to direct TV.  I have for a long time tried to convince PB that I should be able to get internet and television from them without having their telephone.  But it is their policy to have all three bundled together.   When I got rid of my Paul Bunyan number I had to get rid of my internet and television connection too.  So I got the wireless wifi box pictured above.  It powers my tablet, phone and computer with internet for a low cost.  The nice thing about all of this is that  I can take them anywhere there is Verizon service and have wifi and have my telephone.  It truly amazes me what technology does.  If I go to a hotel  or lets say a cabin at Red Lake I could have internet and my home phone with me.   Amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment