Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tunisian Crochet




In different parts of the world and in different times, Tunisian crochet has been known by many names.  You may know it as Afghan crochet, tricot crochet, Sheppard's knitting, hook knitting, or railroad knitting.  Remember a rose smells just as sweet by any name.  What ever the name is a type  of crochet in which each row is made up by two parts.  The first is putting loops on a hook and second working them off.  The work is not turned.  Well with all that said my story that I want to tell is about learning this skill.  I signed up for a class while I lived in Beach.  After paying for the class, buying the yarn, and buying the hook I now am in over $80.  I worked on my project which you can see is the pot holder in the above picture.  While I was at the class there were two teachers. one was left handed. It seemed that the lefty was joined at the hip with me. Every time I rose my hand for help she would leap to up eager to help. She really confused me as I had to do a mirror image of her work.  But I actually was able to finish this project during the 3 hour class.    As in doing most new projects I do I put it away until this week.  Probably over 10 years ago.  Out it came and I retaught myself how to do this fun and easy stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment