Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Being a Christian

When I say that " I am a Christian,"  I am not shouting that "I am clean living."  I'm whispering " I was lost, but now I'm am found and forgiven."  When I say " I am a Christian,"  I don't speak of this with pride.   I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.  When I say "I am a Christian," I'm not trying to be strong.  I am professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.  When I say "I am a Christian,"  I'm not bragging of success.  I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean up my mess. When I  say "I am a Christian,"  I am not claiming to be perfect.  My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.   When I say " I am a Christian," I still feel the sting of pain.  I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon  His name.  When I say  "I am a Christian," I'm  not holier that thou.  I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace somehow!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment