Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Quilting to start

The First Lutheran Quilters are going to start again today.  The summer has been a busy one for me.  It seems like I have more contracted quilting jobs to do as word spreads that I do  sewing for others.  But in August I managed to get ready for another winter of making tops for our group to quilt.  The gals that tie the quilts can tie up to 8 quilts a week if there is enough gals to set up two tables.  But that only lasts until the snow birds leave for the winter months.  Then we will do 4 quilts a week until their return.  I have counted the quilt tops that were worked on this summer and have come up with 25 tops ready to go on Wednesday.  These tops will be matched with backs.  Last Spring we had money donated and we bought 16 sheets for backs.  We also have been donated  used sheets that can be made into backs.  So we are ready to hit the quilting trail running.  I can't wait until then as it is always fun to hear the stories of the women's summer and the excitment generated by just gathering together for a cause.


quilts ready for Wednesday

10.5 inch squares ready for quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment