Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ride for Cancer

nephew and girlfriend

My old bike
 





I rode 167 miles for a cancer benefit.  Chuck a forty year old has terminal cancer and started this project.  I am sure it will be an annual ride.  I haven't heard what money was made.  There was a registration for each bike and one for any extra riders.  There was a poker run in which I came in second. My nephew won with his 3 10"s.  There were door prizes which I won one.  I got a pepsi shirt and hat. I gave the hat to one of my neighbor kids.   Next was a hog roast with all the fixings.  The smoked cheesy potatoes were a hit with me.  The pork had cooked all day from 6:00 to 6:00 when it was served.  Then I went home, but they had a dance in the parking lot.  The reason I went home is I was tired and I must be home by deer time (dark).

No comments:

Post a Comment