Thursday, November 14, 2013

kitchen remodel

before

before




after

after
I have finished my remodel project.  I have covered the back splash with tiles that look like mottled copper.  This is my Christmas present to myself.  It was not too difficult to do, except for my ability to cut the holes for the outlets.  I have finally got better at that too.  But while I was measuring the second hole, I accidentally shorted out the plug.  After trying the reset button and going down stairs and trying  to flip the breaker I finally called an electrician.  He had me try all of them again.  He was here just after lunch.  He found my ground fault protector tucked away in my basement.   It was burned out.   I had electricity back in the kitchen after he replaced it.  Lucky for me that I have great wiring and a plastic case on my retractable measuring tape as I didn't get electrocuted.  I will live to do another project.   But the electrician didn't complete the job.  He had unplugged my sub pump and I started to wash clothes.  Luckily I went down stairs to check on the progress and caught the mistake before the water got very far in  filling my basement.  Well,  that is all in a days work for a home owner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment