Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dinner at Longlake




Tuesday night I was invited to a dinner at Longlake.  We had vegetable lasagna, cole slaw, bread baguettes, sherbet and cookies.  But the best part of the dinner was the bunny butters as seen in the above picture.  The evening started out with wine and hors duevers.  The reason that we were invited was to help to spread the word about the 3rd annual Bemidji Library Book Festival.  The Festival runs from June 11th to Saturday June 16th. The schedule will be posted later. 

I was excited to hear that Ann Bancroft will be the keynote speaker.  Ann is one of the world's preeminent polar explorers and internationally recognized leader who dedicated to inspiring women and girls around the world. 
Not only do I plan to attend her presentation I plan to attend William Durbin's  presentation Novels in Your Neighborhood.  Maybe I can get much needed writing tips.

That evening we were privileged to hear an unpublished children's book read to us by the author and got a chance to see the original art that will accompany this book.  It will be coming out soon.   

1 comment:

  1. I just got this information on the bunny molds:
    Jareen Edible Compliments, 1980
    Jareen Co. 623 S. Hindry Ave. Inglewood, CA 90301
    I actually found 2 butter molds by Jareen on EBay! The company produced 6 different molds.

    ReplyDelete