Thursday, March 22, 2012

Glazed and Amused

Art washes away the dust from the soul.  Glazed and Amused is a pottery shop in Bemidji.  When my kids where here for Dave's funeral we had a few minutes with time on our hands  so we went to the pottery shop.  Natalie and I each made one piece.  First you must decide on which piece you will make.  Then comes the hard part painting it three times to make a nice and dark glaze when it is fired.  Then we sign it and she fires it.  I made a three section bowl which I tried to match my temptations dishes.  Natalie made a spoon rest for here kitchen.  She matched the colors in her kitchen.  She had her kitchen dining room living room painted at Christmas.  I can't wait to see it.  As I have said before there are many things to do in Bemidji.




This cup appeared in our order when I picked it up
Thank you Stan.




No comments:

Post a Comment