Friday, November 2, 2012

rip wrap




 
The State of Minnesota is allowing shoreline to be reclaimed this year.  This does not come along very often.  There was a ton of paper work to be done. Then a professional rip  wrapper was hired to do the work.   The results were fabulous.  I think that almost 20 feet was reclaimed.  The lake was almost to the yellow cabin.  Top dirt was applied and it was seeded so early next year after the snow leaves new grass will grow.  These are the two lots that my brother owned on Red Lake.  Now the boys own them.  The stones that were added are called rip wrap.  I am hoping that I am right by saying that they are called that because of the  rip tide and wrapping the beach.  I might be wrong but this is my best guess.  The lake is low.  Water from Red Lake is one of the sources of  drinking water for Winnepeg.  The Red Lake property has be in my family for 60 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment