Sunday, December 16, 2012

code red

I just got my call from the sheriff's office to sign up for code red. I was wrapping presents so I stopped to take care of this request.   I went to cobeltrami.mn.us to registrar.  I text Jamon to let him know that I signed up for emergencies of fire,ambulance, and police calls to my residence.  But it struck me that this reminded me another time long ago when a young couple had to go to their city of birth to registrar.  How different it is now.  We don't have to ride a donkey, follow a star, or find that there is no room in the inn.   Get real I don't think at these temperature I am ready to sleep in a barn.  Just a little typing and and a couple of clicks and I was registered right from the comfort of my living room.   Then a text to Jamon to inform him and I was back to wrapping presents.

Saturday I got my first call.  I was told it was extremely dangerous to drive and to stay home.  They reported that there were numerous cars in the ditch.  Also that from Wilton to Bemidji highway 2 was closed.  Alsoyhat the by pass was closed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment