Thursday, December 13, 2012

Homemakers Christmas party









 
 Becida Mothers Homemakers group had our annual Christmas party for the elderly from the area. I love that party. It is a turkey dinner with all the trimmings including pie. Well, I said that because I bring the pie.  After we eat we usually sing Christmas Carols and then someone reads the Christmas story from the Bible.  Someone forgot to tell this pocket of people that this is politically incorrect.  Anyway I love it.  It is our little secret.  They we present our guests a plate of cookies and candies that we make for them.  After all that is said.  We get to also party.  We have had secret pals all year and it has been really fun sneaking around looking for opportunities to give our pal something.  We have three that it is suggested.  Their birthday, Valentine's Day and the Final one at Christmas.   Pictured above is what I got from my secret pal.  What fun.  I gave my secret pal a table runner.  This year the program leader got a two piece band from her church to play for us.  They were great.  Then we had the surprise one of our guest asked to sing for us.  He sang without music  a thank you song thanking god for his many blessings. I know the word for singing without music but I was just too lazy to look up the spelling.   

No comments:

Post a Comment