Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pledge drive



New news anchor

Recognise him


Lakeland Public TV is doing one of their 4 membership drives.  This group of women are representing First Lutheran Church.  It was very fun to do, but TV does add weight on a person.  I guess what I need is the lens that elongates a person and makes them look taller.  Not only did we take pledges, their was time for us to sit at the news desk.  It felt good sitting where they film the Lakeland news.  So they could give us something for our time they had us play bingo. 
When we bingoed we got to pick a prize.  All the bingo cards had pledge items on it.  We had one of those lucky bingo players in our group that kept getting bingos.  I won once.  I never win at bingo.  I played most every Friday night at the Legion Club in Beach for 20 years.  I finally had to look at it as a donation and socialization.  In the end all of us got to pick a prize.  We finished up just before 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment