Thursday, December 5, 2013

pledge drive

I was planning on helping with the Lakeland Public TV pledge drive.  I have done it for the past two years.  I had a very busy day with helping a friend attend her two doctor appointments and help her buy groceries.  I picked her up at 9:30 and didn't get home until 12:30.  By that time the snow was just about over so I got ready for the first round of snow removal.  We are getting snow Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.  I finally finished all the snow blowing, plowing and shoveling by 3:30.  But I tried to restarted my plow and it would not go.  So I hooked up the truck to the plow and pulled it in the steel building.  After unhooking it I was able to push it out of the way.  I figured that I had fouled the plug and it would clear up by the next day or I would change it.  That is when I slipped on a patch of snow by the doorway and twisted my ankle.   After soaking my ankle in ice water I wrapped it with elastic wrap and propped it up.  I applied heat and called in to cancel my place at the pledge drive.  I really missed taking the calls.  It is a fun thing to do. There is more story to my 4-wheeler not starting.  Wait for a later installment of this story.  As I am writing this story we are expecting more snow.       

No comments:

Post a Comment