Sunday, May 6, 2012

First Lutheran Rummage Sale


Finally thinning out



The First Lutheran Church held their annual rummage sale on May 5th.  It was really intense work for three days, especially for the Hegstads.  Our church was packed with items from the halls to the library and on into the fellowship hall.  It took most of the church membership to pull this off.  Last year we made 4,400 dollars and this year the goal is 5,000.  I helped man the holding table.  That is the table where they can place their treasures while they continue to shop.  They buy more when they don't have to carry the items around.  I issued one number to a church member.   She teased me that it wasn't really a holding table as was not actually holding her things, I was watching them.  She wasn't sure that I would watch her three items close enough.  She started taking items from the box to see if I would notice they were gone.  This went on for about a couple of hours.  I caught her all of the times except the last time.    I was busy talking with a friend and she got away with 2/3  of her treasures.  She is so funny.

It is fun event, but I would guess that all the Lutherans are tired.  Hats off to the church membership especially Larry and Wilda.

I got a pleasant surprise while I was working.  I turned around and there was a person that I have known for over 20 years from Beach, ND.  Her daughter Nicole lives in Bemidji and was here for her grandsons first communion.  Facebook is a marvelous thing.  She knew just were to look for me.

This year I bought a chair and a pair of skis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment