Thursday, May 10, 2012

Snake in my yard

I was working in my yard and saw what I thought was a small snake.  So I got my shovel and chopped of what I thought was his head.  Turn out that I chopped off his tail.  So  got my biggest pair of channel locks and got a hold of him and pulled and out came a pissed off snake that was 24 inches long minus his tail. So he took his best attack stance and I said out loud I can't kill that snake.  So I picked up my shovel and said to hell I can't.  Whack, whack, whack.  I scooped up the pieces and carried it to the woods.   You just don't know how frightened I am of snakes.  Thanks to my brother for chasing me with snakes when I was a little girl.

My logical mind tells me all the benefits of having that snake around, but I just can't do that.  They need to stay away from my one acre.  Is that too much to ask? Especially a snake that large.

No comments:

Post a Comment