Sunday, August 5, 2012

soup kitchen.



Thursday I volunteered at the soup kitchen.  I came at 4:00 and learned that when the cook came to work on the casserole something was wrong with the gas lines for the stove and oven.  So they were on plan B when I arrived.  We made hero sandwiches then prepared celery and carrots.  And we had chips and oranges with a variety of desserts. The soup kitchen was in the basement of the  Methodist Church.  This was an easy meal to prepare and serve.  My guess is that we served 100 people. This is a guess as I did not stay for the official count as I had to get home to get the Green Bean in order to arrive at Cameron Park for our cruise nite for car club.  As I understand it First Lutheran church does this for two months out of the year.  This is my second time doing it for the church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment