Sunday, February 24, 2013

amber alert

On February 20th my phone started making the sound of an alert.  I had never heard it do that.  Will there was a child abducted in Minneapolis so the police put an Amber alert out to all the cell phone in Minnesota that text.  It simply gave the make and color  of the car they were looking for.  They also told you to tune in to local media for more information.  I did that an it was scrolling all the information.  That child was recovered because a girl read the message and had seen the car.  The child is back with its mother.  It is surely difficult to keep one step ahead of the twisted people that are living amongst us, but in this case technology helped out a great deal. Until I learned that the baby was found and recovered I looked at all the red cars that I met especially the Red Kia Sportage models. 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome idea. I wonder if ND has that available. Best to have a whole state looking for a missing child I have seen messages posted on the boards along the highways, but they are hard to read while driving 75 MPH. A text message would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete