Thursday, February 14, 2013

snow






I returned home from my trip to Jamestown to a yard with 2 feet of snow.  I wanted my truck to be in my steel building.  But there was a huge burm left by the plow.  So I measured how wide my tires were apart.  I shoveled through the burm two tracks.  Either I was going to be stuck when Rik came to plow my yard or it would make it to the steel building.  Then I put the truck in 4 wheel low and just gave it the berries.  Well.... the truck just plowed through the snow and into its parking spot. Must have been those new tires that I just put on.   I think it was tired of sitting outside in that blizzard.  Like an old nag it was in a hurry to be in the barn.

So I shoveled both of my decks which I could not even see.  Then my snow blower which is recommended to go through 10 inches of snow was put to the test.  I keep eating away at the 18 inches of snow on my sidewalk and apron.  I just finished when Rik showed up to plow.  It took 2 hours.   Good thing he did as I had tried to plow with my 4 wheeler and had gotten stuck.  I wasn't even off the apron of the steel building.  The pictures are of my yard after Rik was through.  Well there is 3-5 inches of new snow coming.  It surely would not hurt my feelings if it missed us. I will continue this story when I experience my roof rake.  I know there is over 20 inches of snow up there.   

No comments:

Post a Comment