Wednesday, February 20, 2013

sweater

 
This sweater pattern came out in 1985.  You know the ones that come out in leaflet form to sell yarn.  I got it at Ben Franklins.   So of course I asked my Mom to make me one as I really liked it.  Some of you know how I like to dress with an individual flare.  Anyway I wore that one out.  So I had the brilliant idea to make one myself.  That was a year ago.  You know how ideas just sound so good in the middle of the night, but in the brilliance of the day not so much.  Well, I kept up with it and finished it this weekend.  I plan to wear it at home with a pair of black knit pants.  That should keep me warm when the house seems a bit cooler.  But this Thursday I will wear it to knitting.  I followed the instructions to a tee, but the sleeve got over sized and too long.  Well the front and back are knitted as one piece each so I could not unknit and reknit those parts.  So being the seamstress I am I altered both sleeves to fit and overcasted the sleeve seem so it would not ravel away.  Then set in the cuffs.  Not exactly the way to go.  But like I said it is a house sweater for me to enjoy. I really don't care if it isn't done like those high powered knitter knit.    The proof is in the pudding or in this case the knitting. 

Side note.:)  Did you notice that I use the word seamstress.  Well at first I use the word sewer, but then realized it spelled sewer too.  I certainly did not want to confuse you.

No comments:

Post a Comment