Tuesday, February 5, 2013

winter blues


I went out to take my trash to the transfer station and found that the cold weather and lack of driving my truck had depleted my battery.  So in order to take my truck today I had to put the battery charger on. 

Well, it is necessary to take my truck as I need to fill it up with gas and get an oil change for my trip to Jamestown.

Since it is so cold the last month I thought I had better check my reserve heating propane tank.  I have auto fills in March and October.  When he was here in October he told me it was at 85.  Did not top it off.  He thought I should watch it if we got a lot of cold weather it might need filling sooner then March.  Well, it has been very cold.  I have not checked it.  So on my way in from the steel building I decided to check it.  It is at 60 so not problem yet.  The reason that I have two furnaces is because my main furnace -an electric one- is rippled.  When they ripple my furnace then my propane furnace automatically kicks in.  When I bought my house and was told this, I said What????????????  But three years later I understand it and can even explain it to another person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment