Sunday, December 4, 2011

Celebrating Christmas

After so many years of working in the public schools system where you must be politically correct, it is so wonderful to be able to proclaim the meaning of Christmas.   I remember once I had a girl sent to my office that used Christ's name as a profanity.  Of course she was immediately sent to the office.  It was our policy to suspend any student using profanity from school.  The girl asked me to explain why saying Christ was so terrible.  So I did just that.  Of course, it angered the parent and I had to apologize to her and they wanted my head on a platter. (Kind of a John the Baptist kind of thing) I got no other punishment for answering that question.  God said it would not be easy to follow in the foot steps of Jesus.  But anyway it is so great to be able to proclaim my personal beliefs without any threat.

With that said, I attended FLCW Christmas Gathering on Friday.  What a beautiful and meaningful afternoon.  We had a great holiday dessert.  I always know how to spell dessert.  If the word has two S's then it has an abundance of calories.  Only one S and it has an abundance of sand.  I take the two S's anytime.  And of course we had coffee.  Remember which church this is. 

Our musical entertainment was Jon Romer and Sarah Carlson.  Flutes, violins, guitar, and keyboard.  What a lovely sound.  We were treated to two original scores which just mesmerized the audience.

Well, I just want to say Merry Christmas and not have to say Happy Holiday to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment