Friday, December 9, 2011

Oil change

Recently I was looking for a place to change my oil in Bemidji.   I had my nephew who is 9 with me. The garage that I was at will remain nameless.  I went in asked for an appointment for my car to get an oil change.  After looking at his book he said he had an opening at 1:00 the next day.  I told him that was good.  He then asked what kind of car I had.  I told him a Toyota Prius.  He started yelling at me.  IS THAT A HYBRED?  Yes I said.  He yelled at me I WOULDN'T HAVE ONE OF THOSE CARS IN MY SHOP.  THEY'RE DANGEROUS.  I said what???? He said   THOSE BATTERIES THEY HAD HIGH VOLTAGE.  THEY'RE DANGEROUS.  I said cancel my appointment and as I walked out I said if you are in my batteries which are under the back seat and trunk you have missed the oil change by a long way.  When we got outside my nephew said "Aunt Judy, I don't think that guy has a mother."  I asked him why he would say that.  He said "That guy was mean to you.  If he had had a mother he wouldn't have treated you like that."  Out of the mouth of babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment