Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Christmas Story

These are my favorite quotes from a Christmas story which plays continuously from December 24th at 7:00 PM for 24 hours.







My little brother had not eaten voluntarily in over three years.
- Ralphie in A Christmas Story

Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.
- Ralphie in A Christmas Story

I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!
- Ralphie in A Christmas Story

"Oh my god, I shot my eye out!"
- Ralphie in A Christmas Story

"Where's the glue?"
"We're out of glue."
"You used up all the glue on purpose!"
- Mr. Parker and Mrs. Parker in A Christmas Story

"I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed."
- Ralphie in A Christmas Story

"Meanwhile, I struggled for exactly the right BB gun hint. It had to be firm, but subtle."
"Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store!"
"They looked at me as if I had lobsters crawling out of my ears."
- Ralphie as Adult and Young Ralphie in A Christmas Story

"Oooh fuuudge!"
"Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother

Did you know....

Prior to “A Christmas Story,” Peter Billingsley, who played Ralphie, gained fame as a correspondent for the variety show “Real People.” He also played Messy Marvin in Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup commercials. Peter is now a producer often working with his close friends Vince Vaugh and John Favreau. His credits as a producer include: Iron Man and The Break Up. He often appears in cameo roles in the movies he produces.

The Radio Orphan Annie decoder pin that Ralphie receives is the 1940 “Speedomatic” model, indicating that the movie takes place in December, 1940. Different decoder badges were made each year from 1935-1940. By 1941, the decoders were made of paper due to World War II metal shortages.


Merry christmas.

Peter Billingsley Picture  Present day Peter Billingsley

No comments:

Post a Comment