Thursday, December 8, 2011

Running the Gauntlet

Between my driveway and the Stone Lake Road I call the gauntlet.  Every time I go to Bemidji I have to drive that mile and a half stretch.  It is loaded with deer.  I always breathe easier when I get through it.  But in the winter it has an added problem.  Trees edge each side of the road and the ice is on the road from December to spring thaw doesn't ever melt.  The sun does not shine on that stretch of road. You have to drive slowly, but then the idiots that think they have a need for speed try to pass.  I had one spin out just as the accelerated to pass.   Oh yes, I forgot the steep hill right on the edge of the road that goes down to a lake.  Now you add that up deer, ice, cliff and crazy drivers and you have my gauntlet. It is my nemesis.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday there was a head on collision in the Gauntlet. It looked like distracted drivers.

    ReplyDelete