Tuesday, February 21, 2012

And now for the rest of the story



After I had my septic tank pumped and determined that my problems were a frozen drain field.  What else could it be??  I haven't used any water in my house except to flush an upstairs bathroom. I went into my laundry room and low and behold more water on the floor and the drain had standing water. I used my wet/dry vac and took care of the immediate problem.   Then I figured it must be the sump pump.  My nephew Rik came over and opened up the sump pump area and found the seized up sump pump.  We met at the gentleman's boutique (fleet) and I bought one just like the one we took out.  Therefore it fit just right.  Didn't have to do any jerry rigging to make it fit.  Well, I am back in business.  I can wash clothes, shower, do dishes and anything I want too.  No more camping in my own house.   But this whole process did have meaning to me.  It made me count my blessing.  And remember how easy we actually do have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment