Monday, February 20, 2012

The laundromat


At lunch with my class we were discussing how we hated to go the laundromat when our washers broke or we didn't have a washer for some reason or another.  I chimed in too to say that it was hard when you had a baby where to leave it as you carried in the loads of laundry.  My solution was to park as close to the door in as possible and then get the wash into the inside of the door while leaving the baby locked in the car.  Then get him last.  Then reserve it to leave.  Just remembering it makes my head spin.

Well not more then the next day my sewer drain field has frozen.  I got a little of the dishwasher water in my basement.  Luckily it didn't leave the laundry area. No wet carpets.  But all the clothes that I was going to wash got soaked.  Saturday I was off to the laundromat. 

My septic is a 1500 gallon model.  So I am saving all that room for toilet use. I figure with 2 gallons each flush  I have 750 flushes available for me to use.  That is 10 a day for 75 days.  Sometime in May it will be full again.  I am showering at Peak my fitness gym.  Between times my spit bathes, hair washing and dish washing water will be carried outside.  I do have a back up for emptying it if I have to, but that is not the best idea just a back up idea. 

The man from Bob's Econopump  told me to remember that my lawn will be green before the drainage field will actually thaw.  Good to know.  Going into camping mode in February will probably limit the amount of time this summer that I want to actually camp.  Or I will be so experienced that I will want to do it all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment