Friday, February 10, 2012

Ruttgers girls




Ruttger's Birchmont Lodge is located on the northwest shore of  Lake Bemidji, just north of the bustling  town of Bemidji. Nestled in the lake and forest region of north central Minnesota, Bemidji offers the solitude of the north woods but the amenities of a much larger city.  It is a beautiful resort. 

Yesterday I went to a water aerobics class there.  It was about 15 girls all around my age that do water aerobics for one hour.  It was a great work out.  I plan on join them as often as I can.  They call themselves the Ruttger's girls.  One gal from my church has been doing it for 10 years and another gal has been working out there since the beginning of the classes--25 years.   She is 85 years old.  I would not have guessed.  One of the exersizes uses simple milk jugs.  You ought to see what those gals can do with a milk jug.

There is so much to do in Bemidji that it surprises me.

No comments:

Post a Comment