Thursday, February 16, 2012

Family Values

My hat goes off to Bill Sandford for standing up to vulgarity. The use of vulgarity is becoming very wide spread.  Recently Newsweek increased their use of vulgar words in their magazine which just may stop the partnership they have with public TV.   If you pledge 36 dollars to PTV you got a subscription to newsweek.    Sandford, who is the chief excutive officer for Lakeland Public Television, used his list serve mailing to ask other CEO of public televsion what they were doing with the change of policy of the Newsweek magazine.  Well, someone sent his E-mail on to the New York Times.  Now that it is being read nation wide Sandford has to make a decision.

If you listen to television closely not a day goes by that you hear the f*** word.  If not the real one all the substitutes are used. Flipping. F-ing, fricking and freaking are the most used ones.  On live tv the blip out doesn't always cover the word so you end up hearing it anyway.  The substitues they don't even try to cover.   It really disappoints me that I hear it on my favorite show The Biggest Loser.  I have written an E-mail to them.  

I am done talking  about this matter in my freaking blog.

                                    OR

Better yet, I am done talking about this matter in my blog.

The choice is yours to which one you enjoy hearing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment