Wednesday, February 8, 2012

self-help

"The very purpose of spirituality is self-discipline. Rather than criticizing others, we should evaluate and criticize ourselves. Ask yourself, what am I doing about my anger, my attachment, my pride, my jealousy? These are the things we should check in our day to day lives. Quote by the Dalai Lama.

I try really hard not to criticise others.  I do not gossip.  But I am not really very far along on the road to evaluating myself.  When people needlessly criticise others or myself I still feel the need to stirke back.  Only with  tight control of my tongue do I narrowly escape without destroying the speaker. 

When I worked I kept a daily journal which helped.  But since I retired I have quit that.  Maybe it is time to dust off the journal.     

No comments:

Post a Comment