Tuesday, September 18, 2012

American Legion Auxiliary leadership meeting





 
 
Four of us from the Ralph Gracie Post attended the Sixth District leadership  workshop in Blackduck.
I learned a lot about The Auxiliary that I didn't know before.  I also got certified in Home and Field service and in leadership.  So I guess now I can legally be the 2nd vice president.  The lunch and snacks were great.  Only a couple of times I caught myself thinking about my quilt that I am working so hard to finish.  I did ask why they choose to put this meeting on Sunday and of course I already knew the answer which was it was the only time.  Are we really that busy??  Anyway I explained about my group that sits together at church and how I will have to write another note to get back in.  So the 6th District President wrote me a note and told me to present it in church.  Like my one friend said God knows where you are and what you are doing.  Good news the Ralph Gracie Post building is not for sale and we are staying.  I guess it was miss-management and lack of focus by the post.  We can afford the building after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment