Sunday, September 30, 2012

October 1st

Today I have been blogging about life in the north woods for one year. I am very proud  that I didn't miss a day.   I am in my third year of living in Minnesota. I had noticed immediately that Minnesota had many differences from living in North Dakota.  One being climate.  Please wind don't blow everyday like I had it in Beach.  Trees being another difference.  If you think Paul Bunyan is an appropriate mascot to represent Bemidji.  Just think what a good mascot he wold make for North Dakota.  Just look around you.  He got most of the trees harvested there.  He only got a good start in Minnesota on the western boarder. I was really moved to write as I continued to see all the differences and all the adjustments that I had to make. 

I think that I have talked about just about every topic.  Of course, most of what I do weekly is featured.  One of the main underlying themes is there is certainly a lot to do in this area.  Much of it is inexpensive with a down home flare. 

With this project.one thing that was brought to the forefront was that I should have listened closer in Galloway's and Norgaard's English classes. Mrs. Schroeder (1st - 4th grades) and Mrs. Haaverson (5th to 8th grades) really gave me a good foundation on the English language in grade school.  But then when you are in a room with 3 other classes you cannot help but hear the lessons over and over. Then you move the upper grades and there are four grades in that room too.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Anyway I am celebrating a big accomplishment today.  Not only am I doing something that I completely enjoy, but I have readers who completely enjoy my blog.  Thank you for helping me fulfill this dream of mine.  And happy reading for the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment