Saturday, September 8, 2012

Auxiliary Meeting


 
 
 
I belong to Ralph Gracie post #14.  I am proud to be an auxiliary member for 11 years.  It is a way for me to give back and help the vets that continually fight for our freedom.  This is a work meeting to plan the year and get everything off to a great start.  Actually we must be slow workers as it is our second work meeting this month.  But maybe that will ensure a great Legion year.  If any of you are wondering The Post did not sell the building.  It fell through at the last minute due to financing.  The backers of the 209, I hear, have some IRS troubles that need to be cleared up.  Oh well we are financially okay until the end of December.  Maybe with new management and a new focus we will be able to keep the building.  But that brings me to our Auxiliary focus this year and that is a membership drive.  We are having a open house at the legion on October 20th from 1 to 4 PM.  There will be finger food and a door prize each hour drawn.  I am donating a table runner.       

No comments:

Post a Comment