Monday, September 24, 2012

grandbaby in November


Jamon painted the walls this weekend.


My daughter-in-law made the mistake of asking how my son would like to see the nursery  decorated.  He wanted camouflage curtains and brown and plaid crib blanket and a big green  fish on the wall.  Can you see that he is a fisherman.  His motto is that a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work anytime.  His wife and I went to the fabric store here in Bemidji and bought fabric for the camo curtains and the satin backed blanket with brown minke and plaid flannel as seen above.  After I got those done and sent to them I heard that that left the big green fish.  His wife put her foot down and said no big green fish.  Of course I love to spoil both of them so the quilt you see below which has nine fish on it was hand embroidered for them.  It has camo borders and the green plaid flannel on the back.  They haven't received it yet, but soon will.

Sunday in church the Gospel struck me as one that I needed to share with them.  It is from Mark 9:36-37.  Then He (Jesus) took a little child and put it among them; and taking it in his arms, He said to them,   Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me,  I know that we are all anxious to welcome God's gift into our family.  Then I can stop spoiling his parents and focus just on him.


2 comments:

  1. Love the blankets! This baby will bring you so much joy. Being a grandma is unbelievable, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete