Monday, September 10, 2012

drip

Why do things break?  I don't understand why there is always something that needs attention when you own a home.  This faucet started dripping a while back.  But I could always find the sweet spot that would actually stop the drip.  Not any more.  It was dripping so much it was almost running out.  So I call one of my classmates who explained that I was to get the kit for the type of faucet I had and he would stop by and fix it.  Well, I have a Moen.  So I got the rubber washers that fit that faucet.  He came and took everything apart and replaced the washers.  Then he put it back together and just like magic no drip.  After he had left I washed my dishes.  I put my hand in the dish water that I had run and it was ice cold.  Now what was wrong.  So I put the faucet setting to cold and hot water came out.  In the process of changing the washers we had inadvertently switch the hot to cold setting and the cold to the hot setting.  I guess that I will just have to adjust to the change.  So no drip and I have hot water.  Not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment