Friday, September 14, 2012

Knitting starts up for the year

Knitting started up again for the year and we got busy sewing strips together for afghans.  We also have pieces that had to be sewn together.  We finished one afghan and almost finish a second one.  And the third one needs another two hours of work.  But I was so busy that I actually forgot to take any pictures.  We had a happening Thursday.  A man came to our meeting and asked if we could teach him how to knit.  One of our members taught him to cast on and to make the knit stitch.  He diligently tried both skills.  Then he decided that he would stay with crocheting for the time being.  I know our group and they were sad to see him leave.  I think he would have made a great knitting member.

I waited to post this until we had our second meeting so I could include pictures.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment