Saturday, January 5, 2013

Animal trouble

I stopped tonight at my favorite auto repair shop on my way home with information for the owner.   I surely am glad that I stopped as I got to hear two great stories.  The first was a man that had gotten work done and the owner found it to to such a minor job he had not charged him for the work.  He made the comment that the last time he was in that wasn't the case.  I guess he had a huge bill.  I'll try to tell it like I heard it.  The man had a beagle and a wood chuck came into his yard.  The beagle chased the woodchuck and the woodchuck took cover under the person's car.  After they got the dog in the house they tried to get the woodchuck out, but he was wedged in behind the engine in a crevasse by the gas tank.  He could not get it to come out.  He decided to just let him come out by himself.  Well, that didn't happen.  So he call the shop and asked if they could get a woodchuck out from under the car.  First they figured that he meant a squirrel.  They said they would try.  So he started up the car only to find gas squirting out every where as the woodchuck had been busy trying to get himself out.  Chewing, chewing, chewing.  So he borrowed his father's trailer  and brought the car to the shop.  The gas soaked wood chuck was barely alive and they could not figure out how to deal with it alive.  So three guys (remember I said three guys) Had to put it down.  It took one to hold the flashlight, one to aim the pellet gun and one to pull the trigger.  I would have liked to been there and seen that. .  After the removal they had to pull the gas tank to replace all the lines that had been damages, hence the huge bill.  The other story was similar only with a raccoon that went in an open garage to keep warm last Fall.  It ended with the engine being pulled to release that animal. Truth is funnier that fiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment