Wednesday, January 2, 2013

counseling

Luke 2 verse 52

And Jesus increased in wisdom and statue, and in favor with God and man.

Mental, physical, spiritual, and social.

This is the only verse in the Bible that describes Jesus in his growing years.  I was reminded of this in church on Sunday.  I used this little verse when I was a counselor to evaluate when my clients(teenagers) where they were in  their growth journey.  I would look at their physical growth, mental growth, social growth and their spiritual growth.  I believed that all four had to be in place and equally developed.  I always thought of it in relation to a stool with four legs. The four legs were the four areas of growth.  You could stand on that stool because it had a solid foundation.  But teenagers that have only one or two of the areas developed would have only one or two legs of the stool and the firm foundation was not there  Try standing on a stool with only one or two legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment