Friday, January 4, 2013

soup

black beans, navy beans. black eyed peas and barley


Natalie sent the ham bone home with me from our christmas dinner.  I made both split pea soup and bean soup.  I make them in my pressure cooker.  I don't have to soak the beans overnight and it takes one third the time cooking.  The flavor is infused thoughout the soup.  I had never used black beans, navy beans, barley and blackeyed peas in my soup before.  It was darker but just as flavorful. Usually I buy a pakage of 15 bean mixture made for soup.  Could not find it in Bemidji.  Both recipes are the same.  I useham,  grated carrots, celery, and onions.  Salt and pepper to taste and then yum yum.  

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made split pea soup in years - your making me hungry! Maybe a project for this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete