Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fischer quints

I  was looking in my annual the other day and saw the pictures of the Fischer quints that were born in September 14, 1963.  You know how they put news worthy pictures of the year on the front and back pages of annuals.  I just got to wondering what had happened to the family.
First of all Mary Ann Fischer (80) who  gave birth to the first set of surviving quintuplets in the United States died in 2012.  All members of the remaining  Fischer Family still live in the Aberdeen, SD area.

I love their names.  There were four girls and a boy -- Mary Ann, Mary Magdalene, Mary Catherine, Mary Margaret and James Andrew. 

Mary Ann and her husband; Andrew, divorced in the 1980s, which also may be a reason the media has lost interest in this family. The entire family, including Andrew (age 81) still gets together at Christmas.
Despite the troubles that came with publicity in the 1960s, the family's private life was wonderful and still is.  Mary Ann has been quoted as saying, "The joy of my children was the best part," she said. "We had lots of good times. Why, we had enough family to have our own ball games out in the yard."

At this time,  they are all happy. Mary Ann was quoted saying, "They're the most important thing to me. I love every one of them dearly and none of them turned out bad. I am not saying we were always perfect, but I think I did a pretty good job as a mother, and I am proud of every one of them."

Mary Ann has eight grandchildren ranging from grade-schoolers to college students. She also has one great-granddaughter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment