Friday, June 1, 2012

Extra parts





These are pictures of my sunken patio.  I lovingly call it the pit. I just put together the umbrella in the back.  It was to hard to do because it was heavy.  But I had two pieces left over when I was done.  Well, it reminds me of my former husband.  He tried to convince me that all projects have extra parts.  That was only so when he made a mistake in putting something together he could say they always send too many parts.  Well, I had a plastic screw cover and a larger plastic cap about two  to three inches around left over.   I found the place for the cover, but not the larger cap.  I read through all the instructions and I found nothing.  I just did not want Art to be right.  Then on further examination I found printed on the cap this is just packing material to keep your umbrella safe in transit.  Now isn't that a laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story! Sounds just like something I would think and do!! When Jim and I buy something to put together - we are usually short materials and have to call the company and wait a couple more weeks to finish. Surprising the last 2 items bought to be put together - had everything plus the extra!! I love your pit!!

    ReplyDelete