Monday, June 25, 2012

Party in the pit





Our knitting group from church really loves chatting with each other.  So I invited them over to my house to "Party in the Pit".  The pit is my sunken patio and walk out from my basement.  It was a beautiful day until Minnesota weather changed as it does so often.  It began to rain so we all moved under the awning.  I told everyone that we could go inside, but they all wanted to sit outside.  My awning 11 by 18 feet long.  As the water collected on the top the weight increased,  to release that weight ever so often it would pour off one side.  We really got a charge out of that.  We laughed and talked and truly just enjoyed the afternoon.  We are going to do it again in July.  Oh, by the way I served pie and ice cream.  Of course we had coffee because we are from the coffee-est drinking church.

No comments:

Post a Comment